BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

17.4.10

A Poem. Figure It Out.


A Louder Silence

The moon is out
The streets are bare
And all is still, without a care

The sky, unlit
The moon is out
But still, the night, it cries and shouts

Quiet night, without a sound
But in my head, and aching pound

A blackened sky
The stars above
A silence sits, but not for long-
An aching pain, and it grows strong

Alone I sit
But free to roam
But in my head, where I call "home"
Unsettling thoughts, they eb and flow
And all this silence seems to go

A gentle breeze, the sighing trees
But in the darkness, no one sees
All the chaos that may ensue
Inside my brain, these thoughts are true

The creatures rest
The sun's asleep
But still, these thoughts, they are so deep

Alone, I try, to fall asleep
But in my brain, a gentle weep

The cooling wind
It soothes my soul
And try, I must, but pain unfolds

Silence exists outside, but here:
Inside, the silence, is a fear.

0 comments: