BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

30.3.10

Somber.

Life seems to be so melancholy lately. People seem to think that optimism and positive thinking is juvenile and naive. That making an effort to be happy and push away the negativity in this world makes you childish. This makes me wonder if being happy is even worth it anymore. The last thing I would ever want was to be considered naive. I've always taken pride in my maturity.
The truth is, I see the negative things in this world. I acknowledge them. I ponder about them. But I try my hardest not to let them overwhelm me. I push them in the back of my head. Being optimistic gives me the ability to get to tomorrow. It gives me motivation. Without positive thoughts, I would be drowning in misery and have nothing to look forward to, or even live for. But the more time I spend around nay-sayers, the more influence it has on me. It's unavoidable. It's tough to be strong and change the way you think.

0 comments: